Saturday, January 16, 2010

Heart Change.

So....

Holidays have past, school has started, and the biggest internship of my life has begun. I am interning at DFCS (Department of Family and Children Services). This week was my first week. I already got 24 hours under my belt and 276 hours left to go. What I have learned thus far:

- That God has a strange way of making his presence known.
- That even though I feel that a family is dysfunctional it may be something very normal for that family.
- That if I don't watch myself I can become a cold person to people and that is not why I am going into this field of work.
- That children are so important to me and it is so important that they get the best chance at life.
- That my parents have done one heck of a job and I am so blessed to have them.
- That GOD has a reason for everything he does and even though I do not get that reason it does not matter.

I have been absolutely blessed with a supervisor that really wants me to learn and learn it well. She has exposed me to things that I have never seen before. I know that this semester my eyes are going to be opened to a whole other world. I know that I was placed in DFCS for a reason and that is because of God. God will be glorified through this internship. The things I have seen this week has really shocked me and I can only imagine what God has in stored for me.

I am praying for guidance in all the situations I will be placed in, and a heart that will stand up for the Lord God Almighty! This is a time for God to shine!!

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right and pure, and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." - Phil.4:8



1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you as well as you continue o this path called life. To God be the glory! Love you.

    ReplyDelete